Tuesday 21 February 2012

DEAR MAMA

Everything around me is a damned reminder
my image on the mirror a spitting image of her
its something not very easy to get rid of.
some even say 'you could use a bottle of smirnoff.'
though i know that wont be any good
i cant even bring myself to eat someone else's food.
she was a strong woman with her faith on
with every prayer we hoped she'd hold on
she left a lot of wisdom in the heart of her children
her motherly care the people where or when
it can be seen with where we have all wound
she could use her finger to poke dirt out of our ears
and use the chance to give meaning to our years
she'd crack a joke every now and then
but when angered she didn't keep it in
we might have had a few misunderstandings
but she was wise her valour notwithstanding
its now i learn and get to understand
what she said when she'd reprimand
sometimes i misunderstood her love and care
to be harsh and to rebel i did dare
but once she whispered to me
you will know i mattered when am gone
it brings tears every time i know she was right
and how hard i had put up a fight
i even think she left to be away from me
for all the things i had done and didn't mean
i know its too late to say am sorry
but my heart is filled with a burden of worry
guilt and regret eat me up inside
it breaks my heart it breaks my pride
am hoping in the afterlife this will be legible
and that she may know i love her so.
i love you mum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing......nice choice of words.they bring out the emotional effect tremendously ........it's a master piece I must say ..