Thursday 23 February 2012

I WANT HER BACK


with nothing to hold onto any more
odds have it that i take back what i swore
its heart wrenching they all said she's a whore
but she made me tick and my inner being explore.

i swore to maintain my pride and never get back
right now all that sounds to me like cheap slack
and the list is endless of the things i lack
by not having her by my side.i'd call it tough luck.

in another world they call us star crossed lovers
after how we parted i doubt she can have me over
i can't look another lady in the eye and not see her.

i tell her am happy but i hardly believe it
i can't have another because they can't be her
so sad that she knows every of my heartbeat
i want her back that my heart can beat for her
i want her back but she is near yet too far

my hands quiver when i touch my lips
every time i think of how it felt to have yours
the tender memories from my mind don't slip
the feel of your skin on mine and a gaze so pure.

yesterday i dreamt you kissed me
before i kissed back reality parted we
the whole morning i could not think straight
without your love i feel like dead weight.

standing tall but dying from inside out
because your love is what my life is all about
we didn't have to be together too long
for me to realise its you i want by my side all along.

i have all your pictures as souvenir
for the moments in life that i hold so dear
i know you wont look my way anymore
but i want you back even more.



1 comment:

wandia said...

This is beautiful Adrian :)